If your work makes you smile, high five! That’s awesome – stick with it and good luck!
You can stop reading here.
But if you’re sad, bored, anxious or demotivated during working hours – then read on because being unhappy and stressed, day in day out, can take a serious toll on both your physical and mental health.
First of all – it might not be the right time to start looking for a career change. We know it can take up a lot of time, and most of us have lots to juggle – so start looking for ways you can make your existing job work for you.
Here are a few suggestions as to how to turn things around:
1) Change your attitude towards your job.
By focusing on something you do enjoy during your working day and finding some value in your role, however small, you can regain a sense of purpose and control. Perhaps there’s something you’d like to do more of in your role? Maybe your position can help others?
2) Find work/life balance.
Find meaning elsewhere if your job isn’t what you want. Start a new hobby or schedule weekends away and take up after work interests. Having something to look forward to can really make a difference in your working day.
3) Volunteer outside of work.
Taking this step could improve self-confidence, prevent boredom and even improve your CV because you may learn some new skills. Inevitably you’ll gain valuable work experience and meet new contacts who could help you in the long run.
If any of these steps don’t sound like a solution – then it’s time to think about a new career, and to help you in your search, consider the following points:
1) Write a list of what really drives you. Employee satisfaction often marks higher than salary when considering a job – so focus on your primary interests and passions.
2) What did you dream of doing in the past? What do you enjoy doing? Write all these things down, no matter how improbable things seem.
3) Look for clues as to what excites you. Who do you admire? What and why do certain things make you happy?
4) Be patient. Your search may take some time. You may have to go down a few paths before you find the right career. Time and introspection will help you identify the activities you most enjoy and that bring you true satisfaction.
5) Get in touch with us at Afina Partners and we will take time to match you to a working environment in which you can flourish.
We can help find a career that #worksforyou.
Call Us: 07725 836535